Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 18 April 2007

Who Needs A Vagina Anyway? reviews

I thought I'd check the 'net to see if any review of "Who Needs A Vagina Anyway?" have been published yet. In case you forgot, this is a play by my mate Deano at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. It sounds like a lot of fun and I am so pissed off that I can't be there to watch it. I have only found a couple of write-ups so far:

"Dean Arcuri, Who Needs a Vagina Anyway
In an intimate setting in North Fitzroy, I was witnessed a grown man go through a break-up, complete with sadness; paranoia and determination to win his love back. This was done with a cabaret-style comedy, while wearing her blue sequined dress. Dean Arcuri has a significant stage presence, bouncing off his two piece band with ease. He sang a diverse range of songs, some of which didn’t suit his voice but auditioning for Australian Idol he ain’t. It isn’t meant to be taken seriously. Just like any debut show there are a couple of wrinkles, but it may just be a big hit in coming years. – KLINTON PORTER" bnews - Melbourne Star

"Dean Arcuri’s comically camped-up portrayal... earned the majority of laughs on the night." The Groggy Squirrel - taken from Melbourne Stage Online

I am so proud of you Deano, keep up the fantastic work.

No comments: