Who's On-Line Now?

Thursday 5 April 2007

Night Out

I went out last night for drinks with Tim. On the way to our usual starting point, Barcode, I spotted an actress who I recognised. I cound't think of her name, but knew she used to play Rita Sullivan's foster daughter, Sharon, in Coronation Street (among many other things!). I've looked her up on Wikipedia and her name is Tracie Bennett and she is currently starring as Madame Thenardier in Les Miserables.
In Barcode we got talking to a mate of Tim's called Simon and had a good night. We went to Rupert Street and then decided to go to the NEW Ku Bar, where West Central used to be. It was actually quite nice, I may go back but they don't serve draught cider so it won't be that often.
After that we went to the Admiaral Duncan, which I hate but I was outvoted and I like to give places I don't like another chance sometimes, because you never know! I still hate it though, it has no personality and smelled of toilet disinfectant!
Then Tim went home and we went back to Barcode where I got talking to a lovely guy from Germany, somewhere near Dresden. I couldn't hear what his name was, but he is only over for Easter and I am working from tomorrow so there is no chance to meet up. I gave him my email address anyway, so fingers crossed. Hopefully he will keep in touch.
After Barcode I went to Chariots despite the fact that I should be saving money and I got home at about 03:30.

This morning I woke up at about 08:00, but went back to sleep again and actually got up at about 12:30. The builder was working in the bathroom by then so I couldn't go to the toilet or have a shower (luckily I'd have a shower at Chariots before I came home).
I went into town and got my comics and ate a sandwich in Soho Square before coming home. It is such a lovely day today and such a shame that all my mates are working and couldn't join me.

The builder is still working in the bathroom as I type, and, worryingly, keeps swearing very loudly every 10 minutes as if he has fucked something up!! I just wish he would get the bloody job done, he's been at it for about 3 weeks now, on and off. It's really annoying not being able to use the bathroom when you want to!

No comments: