Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 11 April 2007

Getting frustrated

I really do not want to be working here any more. Every little thing is getting on my nerves lately which doesn't make for a nice work environment.

To start with we received an email from our "manager", we one of the many "managers" anyway! Our team was restructured recently which means that our shift has 1 too many controllers. So they are asking for one of the three of us to volunteer to swap shifts. They have given us 5 days notice and emailed us on our last scheduled shift before the new structure is to be in place, and one of the three of us is off sick!! Great timing!!

Next we have a supervisor tonight from another shift, the third night he has been with us and, as per the last 2 shifts, he is spending the entire night sat in his office with the lights off, his shoes off, and his feet up on the desk and is sleeping.
Earlier he changed the rota for the night without informing my colleague Bob or me that he had done it, so when we tried to arrange for someone to do a job, they were not where we thought they were!

Then, the annoying cleaners popped in at their usual time, made a lot of noise and then left without actually doing any cleaning!

All night, we have had stupid questions from the other guards too. For example, I sent a guard to open a room for a cleaner. He got to the room and there was no cleaner to be seen. So, he phones me to ask where they are. Am I psychic, go and look around the bloody floor you idiot.

I just want to be out of here and working in my office, for my business, earning money for myself. Roll on that time when I can.

2 comments:

gab said...

sounds like everyones having a hard time lately


have u heard if theyre moving you yet?

Alex said...

Got a text message from Andy to say that I am down for his shift from next week. The other two didn't want to move, so I don't mind volunteering.
Andy is a good bloke and he can do all the bloody work!