Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 7 October 2008

Super-Hamster

Another thought I had early this morning, while unable to get back to sleep, was that I could create another blog to concentrate on my interest in comics. I mostly refrain from posting about comics here, as I don't think most of my readers would be interested. But if I create another blog I can express my thoughts, comments and ideas and get them out of my head and on record, and appeal to a specific audience.
I am not your usual comic book fan. I have very little interest in who writes, draws, pencils or edits the stories, I am just interested in the characters and the stories told. Of course I have my favourite artists: Noteably John Byrne and George Perez, and a bad artist can affect my enjoyment, but most comics have good to excellent art so I don't pay that much attention. The same goes for my interest in films and television shows, I don't care who directs or writes a film or show, as long as it is good.
This has put me off discussing comics previously as there are comic book snobs who would poo-poo at my "amateur" opinions, but I am at a point now where I do not care. I have nearly 30 years experience of collecting and reading comics. I currently own a collection of over 10,000 comics from Marvel, DC and independant companies. Being slightly obsessive-compulsive as I am, I have been compiling information about comic book characters since I began collecting, so I believe that I am more than qualified to have opinions.
I may do a second blog, or I may not, I haven't quite made up my mind yet. I'm not sure that I would have the time to devote to a second blog. I'll have to give it some more thought.

2 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

You do what you feel you need to do, but please keep us in touch here on your life and other things.
Ray

Alex said...

I'd certainly continue with this blog, as it is very important to me. Any extra site would just be additional if I have the time. I probably wouldn't even post on a new blog every day, as I try to here.