Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 7 October 2008

Not a Good Anniversary

I have just realised that it was a year ago, last Saturday, that I was suspended from my long-term job. What a p**s-poor year it had been too. When I was eventually sacked from that job my life began to go seriously down hill. I had only just given up on the business I had tried to set up (the reason for my sacking), I was unemployed (unemployable) for two months because of this and eventually had to take a poorly paid job because the last of my money was running out. That is the job I am still at now, but luckily the pay rate is better (and about to increase again within the next couple of months).
Today I went to the doctors again and he finally agreed that it would be alright for me to come off my anti-depressants again. I had come off them previously in July last year. At the beginning of this year I was in such a bad way that I had to go back onto the drugs. About 2 months ago I realised that I was feeling much better, having no or very short low periods and decided that I wanted to come back off the medication as soon as possible. I had to wait until I had been on the drugs for at least six months before the doctor agreed that it would be acceptable for me to come back off them. I am now, once again, in the process of being weaned off of them and am very happy to be doing so.
So, almost exactly a year since the worst series of events in my life since my mum died, I have had two pieces of good news today (the other being my test results earlier). I think (hope) that this is a hint of the wonderful events to come in the next year. I am due a bit of good fortune so wish me luck. Who knows, maybe I will even get to enjoy Christmas this year without feeling too low and lonely.

No comments: