Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 13 October 2008

Strictly Girls 2

I watched Strictly Come Dancing from the weekend yesterday and today thanks to BBC iPlayer, and it wasn't spectacular, with one exception.
Christine and Matthew were the first couple to dance and performed a quickstep. It was a good choice of music and had good energy and was fun, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what was missing, but something was.
Jodie and Ian followed with a rumba, not my favourite dance, and there seemed to be a distinct lack of actual dancing in there performance (maybe that is right for the rumba, I don't know) but there was plenty of sexiness and passion initially which died out towards the end.
Heather and Brian came next with another quickstep. This had great moves, very synchronous, but, I don't know if it was her posture, but she appeared to be too small for him (no pun intended).
Cherie and James were the second couple to perform a rumba and, despite not liking the dance normally this was a stunning performance with loads of passion and storytelling with an amazing slow spin at the end which none of the judges commented on! James looked less intimidating than normal too, I think Cherie is having a good effect on him, and his haircut could have helped too! Enjoy the clip.

Jessie and Darren had a quickstep to do, but it looked heavy and as if Darren was dragging her around the floor a bit.
Lisa and Brendan's rumba was good, but not a patch on Cherie's. The judges liked it though, but I wasn't sure, and once again I am not certain why.
Rachel and Vincent performed a very lively quickstep which looked fun, had good energy and great footwork which looked amazingly complicated.
Overall, some great and some not so great performances.

The boys performed a group dance which was apparently a rueda. I hated it. It looked really messy and chaotic. I would have to say that it was the worst group dance that I have seen on the show. Sorry boys.

I also watched the results show and there wasn't much outstanding to report on this I'm afraid. The professionals performed an amazing American Smooth dance which I really enjoyed. But other than that the only thing to report was that Jessie & Darren and Heather and Brian were in the dance-off and Jessie was the one to go. I am slightly disappointed, as I really like Darren, he seems like such a sweetie, but Jessie wasn't very good at all.
Next week we see the boys and girls dancing in the same show for the first time, so it will be the first time that we can really compare the skills of all the remaining dancers.

No comments: