Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 27 October 2008

Strictly

I have managed to watch both episodes of Strictly Come Dancing this week without hassle and without the internet cutting out, which is good news especially for my stress levels.
Dancing first this week were Lisa and Brendan doing a paso doble. I was really impressed with the dance, both looked amazing and form and performance and were brilliantly in synch. Unfortunately the judges didn't entirely agree, but this could be merely because they were first up and the judges didn't want to peak too soon.
Andrew and Ola came next dancing Vienese Waltz. I found the dance boring as there was not much variety but he surprisingly didn't make too many mistakes.
Christine and Matthew also danced a paso and for a change Christine did not smile once, unfortunately this focus meant that she wasn't focused enough on the actual dance. I think it was her worst dance so far.
Austin and Erin performed a sweet dance with great variety and romance.
Cherie and James's dance was a disaster from the off and I'm not just talking about his new beard-thingie. Cherie went wrong immediately and this affected her throughout the whole dance. It was messy and I was cringing throughout it.
Heather seemed to lack confidence in her waltz with Brian, understandably so after the last two weeks, but I think it was probably her best dance so far.
Mark and Hayley's paso was another cringeworthy effort. I like Mark so much and I want him to do well, but he just cannot dance with those long long limbs. It was car crash television.
Tom and Camilla performed a really difficult and intricate waltz and pulled it off admirably.
John and Kristina's paso was hilarious with John marching through most of it, but as with Christine he didn't smile once, which was again a change for him.
Rachel and Vincent's waltz was sweet and really romantic and very varied with good pace.
Lastly, Jodie and Ian performed a paso which I hated as it looked so messy. Her dress was amazing though.

In the results show I was really impressed with the mambo show dance performed by Brian and Kristina. It was intricate and fast and amazing to watch.
I was happy to see Darren performing (with Lilia, Flavia and Vincent) while Enrique Iglesias sang, as I have really missed seeing his smile on the show since he was knocked out.
At the end of the show Mark Foster was out and I think, despite wanting to see more of his body, that it was the right choice. To end the show, he took off his top and showed off his amazing physique anyway, so that was one good result.
Next week all the couples will be performing different dances, I don't remember them doing that before. Should be good.

No comments: