Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 6 October 2008

Strictly Annoying

Working night shifts over the weekend meant that I missed Strictly Come Dancing live on Saturday and Sunday. I tried to watch Saturday's episode yesterday via BBC iPlayer, but about 45 minutes into it iPlayer packed up and wouldn't play any further.
I managed to see most of the men dancing. My favourite, Austin Healey, went first and performed a jive. He looked amazingly sexy, even more than normal, in his sleeveless top, showing off his amazing arms (you know that I am an arms man) and Tess even got him to show those amazing biceps off in the green room afterwards. He performed the jive brilliantly, and was as good a Mark Ramprakash was in times past. There was great energy with his dance I really enjoyed watching it.
Mark Foster came second performing a tango. He still looked awkward, with his long arms and spidery legs providing his main obstacle and his lack of performing experience another obstacle. I really want him to do well but I think the obstacles will be too much to take him much further in the competition.
Gary Rhodes came next and just didn't look like a dancer at all. He was awkward and didn't look like he was trying even though he almost certainly was. Karen, however, looked amazing in her pink dress and I felt sorry for her that she has such a lame duck this season.
I was highly amused when the judges were airing their comments.
Craig: "I've been praying for you all week."
Bruce: "I didn't see you on your knees!"
Bruno: "Some people have!"
And on a family show too!!!! I was p***ing myself with laughter, but I bet Bruno got told off afterwards!


John danced next and performed a tango. Possibly due to his embarrassment, and the age gap with his dance partner, there was little passion in the performance but it was still quite a good dance. I like John and hope that he gets to stay in the series for a while, though it is almost certain that he will not win. He is just such a great character to have around.
I never got to see Andrew's dance as this was when iPlayer kept cutting out and today when I went back to watch the show again, to see if they had sorted the glitches out, they had removed Saturday's show and only had Sunday's results show. Very annoying.
Therefore, I also missed Don's tango, which looked great from the short clip shown on Sunday's episode, and Tom's jive which I wanted to see to compare to Austin's, as they are the main rivals in the men's camp. Oh well.
I was also disappointed about missing the ladies' group swing dance which they performed on the Saturday show, only to find that they performed it again on Sunday's show too. It was really good and fun. Great choreography and everyone looked like they had fun. Most noticeable among the celebrities was Christine Bleakley, who for a time, being one of the least recognisable faces on the show, I could have mistaken for a pro dancer. Rachel Stevens was great in it too. Jodie looked awkward and Jesse looked dumpy and heavy though. Darren Bennett's smile shone through as always though.
Vincent and Flavia performed a beautiful dance to Endless Love, simply stunning. And the group rumba by the professionals was nice too.
Andrea Bocelli appeared and sang as Anton and Erin danced a simple yet beautiful piece to accompany him.
In the end the two couples in the dance off were Gary and Karen, and Mark and Hayley. It was almost a sure thing that Gary would be out and he was, thank god.
I love this show so much, I just wish that I didn't like so many of the celebrities and the dancers as it gets difficult to select someone that you want to win more than anyone else. But I think that Austin is going to get my vote and, unless some of the others put in a huge burst of improvement I don't think anyone will catch him, not even Tom!

8 comments:

gab said...

oh thats a shame u missed some i just love ballrom dancing-how old do i sound lol

thoguht tom was pretty good its going to be a good fight with them

you know the sunday show i actually recorded after the live saturday one?

im glad gary went he was obnoxious and rude to karen and an awful dancer

Alex said...

Couldn't agree more! Did Mike ever tell you about the run in Gary had with one of the guards at work? Ask him about it if not.

gab said...

gary rhodes?

Alex said...

Yep

gab said...

he said he cant remember lol

wot happened?

Alex said...

Apparently, the nutty guard, whose name I can't remember (John?) but who tried to start fights with lots of people at work (but only those who he considered weaker than him). He was cut up by Gary Rhodes in St Brides Lane as he got in his car to go home, so he chased after him in pulled his car in front of Rhodes' car and had an arguement with him.

gab said...

hw said he remembers now they called him mad dog?

Alex said...

Yep, Mad Dog, that's him!! A right nutter!!