Who's On-Line Now?

Saturday 18 October 2008

Day of the Clown

I finally remembered that the new series of The Sarah Jane Adventures had started and so watched all that I could from BBC iPlayer. I have missed the initial story, The Last Sontaran, but managed to see both parts of The Day of the Clown. Pretty good.
I imagine, from what was said that Maria left in the story that I missed, but in this story we see the introduction of Rani Chandra. Played by Anjli Mohindra, she is rather a promissing character (and actress?). I wonder if there is any connection to THE Rani, or whether her name was just used to fuel speculation. I shall have to ask Tim tonight.
The story was good, using the Pied Piper of Hamelim as its muse, it focussed on the very real fear that many people have, including me, of clowns, or coulrophobia as Luke points out.
Mina Anwar is always welcome in any production and in this she plays Rani's mother, so I look forward to seeing more of her. Also welcome is Floella Benjamin who returns briefly. And Bradley Walsh was incredibly sinister as the Odd Bob the Clown / Elijah Spellman / Pied Piper, unfortunately Russ Abbott doesn't look like he can maintain this standard in the next story, though I still hope to catch it.

No comments: