Who's On-Line Now?

Thursday 30 October 2008

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The weather has certainly turned over the last few days. I told you about the snow we had the other night, well apparently it is the first time it has snowed enough to settle in October in the UK since the 1930's!!! Today was really cold too. I was totally unprepared for it at work, especially when I had to man the loading bay for nearly 5 hours. We are stationed inside, but have to sit at the top of a ramp in front of an open shutter. The wind blows a gale up through the small opening directly at the area we have to sit. After nearly 2 hours I had a lunch break, so I went home and picked up my gloves and put on a pair of joggers under my trousers to keep my legs warm. It worked too, at least for the first 2 hours I was back at work, but then the cold began to get at me once again. It was even cold at the reception desk, but nowhere near as bad as in the loading bay. Another day there tomorrow, but I shouldn't be on the loading bay position as much if I am on the line I am rostered for. Fingers crossed.

No comments: