Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 24 November 2008

Strictly Sad

Switch off now Tim, it's Strictly time!!

My mate Tim doesn't like it when I "go on" about Strictly Come Dancing so I thought I would give him fair warning (though the title should be enough for most people!!).
This week the dances didn't wow me at all, especially as we are coming up to the late stages but there were some bright moments.
Lisa & Brendan danced a quickstep first off and it was fast paced and lively, and she looked fabulous. It was very interesting to hear Lisa comment that Brendan has one very large foot!! I wouldn't mind seeing that!!
Christine & Matthew danced second with a Cha Cha Cha which I really enjoyed, although it wasn't technically perfect I nearly always like her dances. Len made be laugh when he said that Christine needs to get into the dances more by suggesting that she "whip off her knickers and fling 'em in the air!" I was laughing so hard at that. Great stuff.
Jodie & Ian's Jive was next and they weren't always in time together, in my opinion, though the judges seemed to disagree. It was more impressive when we learned that she had only had one day of training as she had been in bed with 'flu.
Tom & Camilla's Tango was probably the best dance for me, meaning the best to watch. Tom threw Camilla around like a rag at times, but they told a great story and had a great song to dance to. Once again though the 10's evaded Tom. I so hope that he gets at least one next week.
Rachel & Vincent followed with a foxtrot, not the most exciting dance, but it was smooth, subtle and romantic and they scored 4 x 10's which was amazing for a foxtrot, the only couple in the history of the show to get the top score for that dance.
Austin & Erin came on the dance floor last with another Cha Cha Cha with Austin looking amazing in a sheer shirt open-chested to the navel. The dance though, for me, was probably his worst. He looked like he forgot his place several times and the choreography didn't always match the music for my tastes. He somehow managed to dislocate his finger during the dance, so I am not sure at which point this happened, so that may have been why he seemed lost at some points.
The sweetest point of the whole show was when John & Kristina performed their last dance right at the end of Saturday's show, after deciding to quit the show in the wake of the unprecedented media coverage and outspoken comments of some of the participants in the show. Kristina looked amazing as always and was close to tears the whole time after their dance had finished. John had some lovely words to say about her and the audience and she reciprocated to him and the production crew. I look forward to seeing how she does next year.
It is always nice to see which celebrities are in the audience and this week was no exception with stars like Steve Guttenburg, Felicity Kendal, Philipa Forrester and Mike Tindall and Zara Phillips. Stars and "commoners" alike adore this show just like me. It was a shame that Gethin Jones or Rav Wilding weren't in the audience this week as they have been in the past, they are both really sexy guys.
The results show had Lisa & Brendan pitted against Jodie & Ian in the dance off. No contest if you ask me, Jodie just wasn't in the same league as the rest, and unfortunately neither is Ian when it comes to choreography if you ask me.
But now ANY of the couples could win, they all have their strengths and weaknesses, so this is where it will get really exciting. I don't even know who I want to win. I fancy Austin most of course, but I don't know if he can be consistent enough. It feels like Tom deserves the prize more for the sacrifices and effort he puts in. Christine is always so cheerful and supportive and improves every week. Lisa & Brendan make a fantastic dancing couple as do Rachel & Vincent. Who knows who will do it, but I do know I will be watching every week when the excitement should explode out of the roof with each remaining couple performing 2 dances.

3 comments:

gab said...

aww yah wasnt john and kristina sweet-lovely to hear them be so nice aobut each other and i believed them

completely agree about toms dance i actually thought it was rubbish len ws going on like it was amazing he looked like he was jsut stomping round the dancefloor-very disappinted

rachels was good although i dont like the foxtrot and i like toms best

it was time for jodie to go she just cant get in the rhythm of latin i thin

i actually preferred christines dance so i wondered whe they gave her such low scores

gab said...

sorry not tom -austin!

ive got tom on the brain lol

Alex said...

I totally agree with you on all of the above (after your correction

:-p )