Who's On-Line Now?

Thursday 20 November 2008

Down

Today was not a good one at work, and at the risk of bringing you all down too, I have to tell you that I think I am at the start of a real down period. It's the right time of year for it. I always get depressed around this time of year, with the daylight hours limited, the weather cold and Christmas (yuck) coming up. It wasn't helped by the fact that I was really tired all day. I had woken several times last night, thinking that it was time to get up for work and when if came time to actually get up I just wanted to go back to sleep.
The line of duties that I was on today also meant that I hardly saw anyone to talk to all day, which was maybe for the best as my work colleagues are not exactly confidants. The day just seemed to drag on and on and on.
I had one piece of good news today though. The money I was missing from my last lot of wages (about £65) is going to be replaced with 2 whole shifts work of pay, which works out at £187 before tax, so that has worked out in my favour (especially as this month I am only doing one shift of overtime). It lifted my mood, but only slightly as it was less than an hour before I was due to come home.
I hope my mood doesn't sink even further from tomorrow but I am not hopeful.

2 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

Hugs the hamster tight. Wished there was something I could do to make your mood better.
Ray

Alex said...

As you may have read by now in my latest entry, my day wasn't as bad as I had expected it to be. And comments always help me feel better too, thanks.