Who's On-Line Now?

Saturday 8 November 2008

Strictly Latest

For the first week in I don't know how long I managed to catch an episode of Strictly Come Dancing live. Wow. There were only a couple of outstanding dances this week.
Tom & Camilla danced first this week, performing a quickstep. I was impressed with Tom's solo start to his dance, and this made me think that I would probably enjoy seeing him perform a whole dance solo. It came across abundantly that he totally enjoyed the dance and he was great except for the Billy Elliot style bit at the end. Camilla even admitted that she slipped during the dance, although I didn't see it myself. It makes a change for the professionals to slip up and not the celebrities.
Jodie & Ian's samba was really bad. In fact the word that came to mind when they had finished was - SHIT! I can't help but think that it may be Ian's choreography that is to fault, it was aweful two weeks ago and again tonight.
Heather & Brian's tango was not sharp enough for my liking, with no real agression or attitude and once again she appeared to be following rather than performing with Brian. Brian's hair looked really strange tonight too, sort of wide and flat on top. Weird!
Austin & Erin performed probably their worst dance so far, but it was still far better than some of the other dances tonight. The rumba is one of my least favourite dances anyway. Austin looked as sexy as always from the start with his shirt opened at the neck with a bow tie undone around his neck. At the start he managed to maintain an intense stare, in keeping with the mood of the dance, but almost lost this face to a smirk a few times. I believe he slipped at one point, though it wasn't mentioned and his hair looked aweful too, but he is still my favourite.
Cherie & James were back in her comfort zone performing a waltz and the dance was smooth though quite safe. I don't think that she will get much better, although she is pretty good. The show is about improving up to almost professional level and I think she has reached her peak.
Christine & Matthew were performing a jive, probably my favourite dance along with the quickstep. Her dress was strange, looking like someone had sheered Big Bird or something. Christine had gone to ballet classes and it showed in the footwork in her dance (now for her hands). When she was dancing she reminded me, both in her dance style and facial expressions and hair of Karen Hardy, one of the professionals. She smiled through the whole dance and looked like she really enjoyed the entire thing. I hardly noticed Matthew through the dance, which shows how good she was, and how generous he was. When the dance had finished though I DID notice that he was looking more handsome than ever.
Rachel & Vincent performed an American Smooth, though unlike most others performed in the series, theirs was in a quickstep style which confused me initially. They went to the stars of the stage show of Dirty Dancing for some tips on the lifts and the guy from the show was really hot. Unfortunately, Vincent is not. He gives me the creeps. The dance was good, though the transition on the complicated hold looked really messy. It was fun though.
John & Kristina's cha cha cha was almost not a dance at all. I really like John and think his personality brings much to the show, but he should go now and let the show become a dance show once more. Sorry John.
Lisa & Brendan were last up with their Vienese waltz. This dance can often be really boring, being comprised of mainly just spins, but Brendan's choreography and Lisa's increasing skills made it into a great dance which they both seemed really into. If anything Lisa performed better than Brendan, acting-wise.
Lisa, Tom, Cherie and their partners were all in joint first place with the judges scores all scoring 36 with four 9's each. I believed that Tom & Camilla deserved to lead though and deserved at least one 10.

1 comment:

gab said...

i agree about tom and camilla thught they deserved at least one ten-nobody even noticed camilla go wrong so why didnt they give it?

quite liked lisa and brendan this week i hate him but has much calmer

jodie and ian were so lucky not to be in th bottom 2 there it was awful and i think they wukld have gon eovre heather and brian- shame for them as i think it was their best dance