Who's On-Line Now?

Thursday 27 November 2008

Not a Good Day So Far

As loathe as I am to bring my dear readers down any further with my moaning, I have to report that today, my first day off of three, is not going well so far. It started with me having to stay late at work because 2 people were running late. It was only 20 minutes, but after a 12 hour shift you just want to get gone.
I got home and went straight to sleep, luckily the drilling outside the flat wasn't going on today so I got some decent sleep. I need it though as I am really run down. I have a headache that just won't go, a mouth full of ulcers and "tummy trouble." I slept far longer than I intended, so much so that when I woke up at 15:30 it was already beginning to get dark again (I hate not seeing daylight for days at a time). I got up and went to take a shower, but there was no hot water at all, and I have run out of soap and shaving gel.
I put the water heater on and went to make a mug of tea, only to find that they were all used and in the dish washer.
So, as I said, not a good day so far. But I will do what I can to make the day better and intend to make tomorrow a very good day. I am going to be meeting Tim for a few drinks tomorrow night and I will probably also treat myself to some comics. I deserve a boost.
There was some good news last night though. It was confirmed that my pay rise will take effect from this coming Monday (£1 extra an hour), followed by another the week after when I take up the supervisor position (and extra 70p an hour on top of that). So good news, just a shame that I will have to wait until after Christmas to reap the benefits.

No comments: