Who's On-Line Now?

Thursday 27 November 2008

Foxy Boy

Last night at work, well actually at about 02:00 in the morning, we had a visitor in our building that we weren't expecting. Our car park shutter is in the middle of being installed and so there are just temporary barriers in place. I was in the control room when I noticed the lights come on in the car park, via tha cameras. There was a fox coming down the ramp. The lights almost frightened him off, but he came back and walked into the car park. He quickly ran into a corridor and up to the ground floor. I had to go and chase him out. It took a few minutes to get him to go where I wanted but he eventually went. He had to be the biggest fox I have ever seen though. It made for an entertaining half an hour anyway, the only event of the whole night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Thought-Fox


I imagine this midnight moment's forest:
Something else is alive
Beside the clock's loneliness
And this blank page where my fingers move.

Through the window I see no star:
Something more near
Though deeper within darkness
Is entering the loneliness:

Cold, delicately as the dark snow
A fox's nose touches twig, leaf;
Two eyes serve a movement, that now
And again now, and now, and now

Sets neat prints into the snow
Between trees, and warily a lame
Shadow lags by stump and in hollow
Of a body that is bold to come

Across clearings, an eye,
A widening deepening greenness,
Brilliantly, concentratedly,
Coming about its own business

Till, with a sudden sharp hot stink of fox
It enters the dark hole of the head.
The window is starless still; the clock ticks,
The page is printed.

Ted Hughes

Alex said...

Wow, thanks. Not had poetry quoted on my comments before. Loved it. Cheers. You can come back whoever you are!!