Who's On-Line Now?

Thursday 13 November 2008

Bored Bored Bored

Guess what? I was bored at work today! AGAIN!
I was acting supervisor today and nothing was going on so most of the day I was just sat in the control room on the computer playing cards. At about 16:00 the building manager came into the room and said, "So that's what I got internet access for you to do was it? Play cards all day?" I retorted exactly how I felt, "Well, if you have a job for me to do please tell me because I am bored. I'm always bored."
He had to think for quite a few minutes before he could find me any jobs to do and even then the three jobs he found for me, four if you include making him a cup of tea, all still took less than an hour to do. He couldn't then think of anything else for me. I have always said that this site doesn't need a manager and a supervisor, but Rupert is lazy which is why there still is a supervisor position. Unfortunately, Rupert is off for 4 days (or fortunately if you prefer [which I do]) so his superfluousness is blatantly exposed. The building manager does like Rupert though, so I doubt very much he will be got rid of!
The building manager left at just before 18:00 and so Dan, the acting manager let me go just after [he will be leaving early tomorrow].

No comments: