Who's On-Line Now?

Saturday 1 November 2008

No Luck

I thought I was going to be lucky today at work, as I was rostered to be on our loading bay for the second half of the shift. Normally on a Saturday the contractors finish early, meaning that we can close the bay early. Today though, we had 3 lighting engineers and the ganger up until finishing time which annoyed me a bit. I was a bit fortunate in that our desk has been moved out of the wind tunnel and so wasn't as cold as usual.
I am on there first tomorrow, but I know that they will be staying until we finish our shift as they are due to be in all night too.
I forgot to mention yesterday that we are possibly going to be getting an even bigger pay rise, when the building becomes occupied, that we were expecting as the building manager has authorised a quote to be put in to his bosses for a substantial increase. Fingers crossed again. It won't make me want to stay, but it would be nice in the mean time!

No comments: