Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 3 November 2008

Strictly A Bit Late

I finally managed to catch up on my Strictly viewing tonight, either side of watching a great episode of Spooks. There were a few good performances, but most were mediocre.
Austin & Erin's quickstep was amazing though with fantastically fast footwork that Austin is so good at. I really didn't like Erin's dress though.
Heather & Brian's Cha Cha Cha was unremarkable, with a few examples of poor timing.
Jodie & Ian's waltz was a bit boring to me, but everyone else seemed to like it. I couldn't see Jodie's footwork a lot of the time due to her long dress, so I can't really comment on that.
Andrew & Ola's samba was more of the same embarrassment, with awkward moves that looked alien to him.
Lisa & Brendan danced a tango which was good to go with her amazing dress. I wasn't sure of some of her flourishes though.
Cherie & James danced a salsa which, for the second week running seemed out of Cherie's comfort zone. She often looked out of control in her spins, which is a shame as her ballroom dances are spectacular.
John & Kristina danced a foxtrot, which was one of his better efforts, but he is still not anywhere near the league of all the rest of the celebrities. Kristina looked superb as Marilyn Munroe.
Tom & Camilla performed a paso, which as I've said before I hate. He was the first celebrity to perform it with a cape this year I believe and he pulled it off admirably, despite the strained expression he maintained during the whole dance.
Christine & Matthew danced an American Smooth to Singing in the Rain, which was really sweet and had great choreography, though Christine's footwork (points) needs work.
Rachel and Vincent were last to perform with their jive, which was good but not great. It had good energy, but that is normal for the jive, but there was nothing outstanding for this dance.

In the results show I absolutely loved the dance performed by Anton and Flavia (with Vincent and Erin joining in half way). It had great humour and moves and was a real soul lifting enjoyable and entertaining piece, especially when Erin lifted Vincent.


Kelly Jones sang Handbags & Glad rags with Brendan & Hayley and Darren and Lilia performing a great accompanying dance, then again they are my two favourite male pro dancers so how could I not love it?


At the end of the show Andrew Castle was out and it is about time. I love watching John Sergeant, he always makes me smile more than cringe, but I think, as we are getting to the really serious half of the competition, it is time to get rid of the not-so-good dancers and get on with the competition.

2 comments:

gab said...

hi how are you?

loved austins dance and toms everyone elses was a bi boring

Alex said...

Tom's weird face put me off a bit, but loved Austin's dance (as always).
I am fine thanks for asking, going a bit stir crazy at work, but I still don't know exactly what else I want to do for employment! A nice 8-6 or 9-5 office job would be great. Lotto win would be better tho!!!