Who's On-Line Now?

Saturday 14 June 2008

Hellish Day

But I guess that I knew it would be. I was working today just with the security manager so I was unable to take my laptop in to entertain myself (they are banned from work, but we all take them in anyway on weekends and night shifts!). As usual, the rules only apply to everyone else where he is concerned. He can't ever be bothered to wear uniform, today he was in black jeans and t-shirt, he stayed in his office almost the whole day, only venturing forth to do 2 patrols (he should have done 3) and go out for cigarettes and to go and get himself some lunch from Waitrose, leaving me in the building on my own, which is also not allowed.
I saw him for maybe an hour of the whole 12 hour shift, the rest of the time I was sat in front of the CCTV monitors trying to amuse myself playing patience with a pack of cards (a real pack, not computer one, because they aren't allowed), and reading, which sends me to sleep. I couldn't be bothered to struggle so allowed myself to sleep a couple of times, but only for about 10-20 minutes at a time. He should have had the CCTV connection on his computer in his office, so he could monitor the cameras while I was on my patrols, but he didn't even bother with that.
What angered me most, quite early on, was that Control phoned me early on to confirm my shifts for next week and I have been changed from a night shift on Monday to a day shift, without being asked. Now that is nothing unusual, he never asks, but he does usually put up an altered rota on the wall so you can see the changes yourself. There has been no rota for next week on the wall at all this week, then, as if by magic, when I got back from my patrol, one had appeared. He didn't mention it at all today either! He really pisses me off sometimes.
I was so pleased when the end of the shift came along, but I have to suffer the whole thing again tomorrow as I am working with him once again! Oh, what joy!
Roll on Friday morning, 07:00 when I will be free for almost 2 weeks. I really can't wait!

No comments: