Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 29 June 2008

Family Visit

I have just got back from my sisters, after staying overnight. The reason for the visit was two-fold:
Firstly to see my nieces second daughter for the first time. Keleigh is less than a couple of months old and still at the floppy head stage, and so, to me looks like every other baby. The next time I see her (probably at the wedding in August) she should be a bit more developed and so have some personality. Courtney, who is Mikala's eldest has just turned 1 and is brilliant fun, most of the time, especially when you waggle your finger up and down in front of her lips she makes a noise like the Crazy Frog!!
The second reason for the visit was to get a suit for my sister's wedding, which, as I said above, is in August. I am giving her away so I had to be there to match up with the groom and his best man (and son Aaron). They are on order, but we have told my sister that we couldn't find anything which is a bit cruel as she is already getting stressed about things as it is! I'm sure we will put her out of her misery in a couple of days (weeks?).
I actually had a good time, though sleeping at my sisters wasn't nbice as it was so warm and stuffy and there were no windows to open really. She also has one of these air fresheners which spray every couple of hours, and it is so noisy it kept waking me up! I managed a few hours sleep though.
After going to a school fete with my sister and my other sister's hubby, we went out for a meal last night, which made a nice change for me. Both my sisters were there with their other halves and one of my nieces and one of my nephews were there too. Apart from waiting ages for our food it was a good night.
This morning we went to a boot sale, which I haven't done for a few years, and I managed to get a couple of Star Wars action figures quite cheaply to add to my collection. So, all in all a productive trip and I even got out in the sun, though it doesn't seem to show yet! It takes alot for me to get a tan! I hope that I will get the opportunity to top it up this week as it is London Pride next Saturday. I am only going to attend if the weather is great though as last year in the rain it was miserable.
I missed most of Dr Who yesterday as I was too busy with family things and forgot until half way into it, so I should be checking that out later tonight. The final episode is next Saturday though so, if I do go to Pride, I may just leave early to get home to watch it. There is always Soho Pride (and Brighton Pride) next month to make up for it!

No comments: