Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 28 September 2008

Strictly Dance Off

The Sunday Night dance off of Strictly Come Dancing has just finished and it was a good one. To start with the professional dancers new to this series performed a dance together and it was quite impressive, though Brian couldn't quite pull off the sex object role he was attempting, in my opinion.
This was followed up by a spectacular reappearance of former champion Jill Halfpenny and her former dance partner Darren Bennett performing a jive. It was amazing and she seemed to have lost none of her talent in the interim 4 years.
All the professionals performed a tango together and when I heard the music at the start and recognised it as "Beat It" I thought that it would never work, but just as with my favourite dance that the pros have performed (also a jive to "Rebel Yell") it was great and the choreography blended with the song magnificently. I enjoyed it.
Then came the moment everyone was waiting for, who was going to be in the dance-off. My prediction yesterday was only half right. The pairs were Jodie & Ian and Gillian & Anton. Even before the dancing restarted the result was clear. Out of the two Jodie was obviously the better of the two and the judges agreed, unsurprisingly. It's a shame as I wanted to see if Gillian would have improved over time.

No comments: