Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 9 September 2008

Debts

I have just received yet another call from Baines & Ernst. They have now phoned me 4 times in the last week and it is getting on my nerves.
It all began when my pay was wrong about 2 months ago. I couldn't afford to make my full payment to B&E and so arranged to make one large payment and for them to call me the following Monday to confirm there was enough money in my account before making a payment for the outstanding amount. They never called so I arranged a standing order payment for that Friday. I checked to make sure that the payment had gone out the following day, to find that it had, but also that B&E had taken the same amount from my account the day before without informing me.
It took me about 3 weeks to get the money back from them and I paid the cheque into my account last Monday. Since then they have been receiving calls from the debit card agency concerning this payment and are hassling me to chase up my bank regarding the retraction of my claim for the money they owed me.
When it suited them they could take there time, but when they are being chased they don't like it. They have never even apologised for taking the money from me without my authorisation.
I had already sent an email to my bank and they can deal with it in their own sweet time. B&E have done nothing for me in the last 5 years and so they can stick it where there £85 a month fees don't shine! I have emailed the companies I am in debt to direct and am awaiting their reply about paying them instead of going through B&E so hopefully I won't have to deal with B&E much longer.
I strongly recommend that, if you are in the same position that I was when I signed up with B&E, that you search for other companies to help you as, apparently, there are some that do the same, or more, for free! I wish I had known this 6 years ago.

No comments: