Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 10 September 2007

Tired (Again)

I am on my first of 3 nights shifts tonight and I hate doing the swap from days to nights. I just feel that I don;t have time to do anything on the 24 hours between the end of my Sunday day shift and the start of my Monday night shift as I don't want to get up too early, as I will end up struggling at the end of the night shift, I don't want to stay in bed the whole day, as it is a waste and I end up getting up early in the afternoon and not doing anything as I have to go to work later. It is a nightmare and I am fed up of it.
When I did get to work I found out that the new company who have taken over our contract have laid off 5 people (a whole department) who have all been here longer than my 5 1/2 years, and are doing away with a supervisor position in one of our buildings. This is on top of cutting down our dry cleaning vouchers by 2/3rds, telling us that we have too many holiday days and that they are taking 4 away from us, and allegedly taking away our hourly increment too!
Good way to set off employee relations when you take over a contract, eh?

2 comments:

gab said...

theyre arseholes

Alex said...

Indeed