Who's On-Line Now?

Thursday 20 September 2007

Sad to see Jose go

It was announced last night that Jose Mourinho will be leaving Chelsea "by mutual consent."
What a loss to Chelsea, to the Premiership, and to British football in general. In my opinion he was the only personality in British football management and so things will be less interesting without this charismatic, handsome and very funny man making his strange comments during press conferences.
I imagine that the British sports press writers are also really disappointed, whatever football team they support as Jose always made their jobs that much easier with his comments and analogies (his recent "egg and omelette" speech was a godsend to them giving them great scope to comment on and about him).
I am not a real football fan, but, if I am asked, I say I am a Chelsea fan (having been surrounded by many Chelsea fans at work, it has sort of rubbed off on me!). Even if I wasn't a Chelsea "fan" I would still be disappointed at the loss of Jose. His replacement, whoever it may be, will have a tough job having such stylish and charismatic shoes to fill.
Bye Bye Jose, don't be a stranger. British football needs your brand of mangement, humour and style.

No comments: