Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 7 September 2007

Craig Armet

I recently had someone contact me, through this blog, asking me if the Craig Armet I had written about previously was the same one he knew. It was indeed the same person and it was nice to reminisce about Craig, who was a really close friend but who unfortunately died a few years ago.
I contacted this person back via email and it reminded me how much I miss Craig. He was my first gay friend who I initially met through a magazine contact and soon came to visit in Torquay up to 6 times a year. I eventually moved to Torquay in '94 / '95 to be closer to all the other friends I had made in the area by then.
I can honestly say that Craig probably made more of an impact on my life than any other person, and I can't thank him enough for that.
Craig, and my housemate Alexis, were lifesavers for me as they were the main two people I fell back on when I split with my first, and only, boyfriend back then and later, after I'd moved away with my job in 1998, when my mum died. Without them I don't know how I would have got through it.
I still kept in touch with Craig up until he died about 4 years ago. I hadn't managed to visit Torquay much before then, but did get to see him before he died, which I am glad of. And, as strange as it sounds, Craig's funeral was the best funeral I have ever been to. I hope that, when the time comes, my family have the courage to treat my funeral as cause to remember the fun and good times, rather than focus on the fact that I'm gone.
Huxley, you are missed mate.

No comments: