Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 4 July 2007

Woken by Firemen!!

I was woken up about half an hour ago by the sound of sirens outside my window (nothing unusual in London) and the sound of a fire engine's engine (a distinctive sound) stopping directly outside. So I looked out of my window to see the building opposite had a window box on fire. It was blazing away quite merrily but nothing else was near it, so luckily it didn't spread. 2 fire engines, a fire ladder truck, 2 police cars and numerous police on foot. It got the commuters and the school girls quite excited.
The fire was put out quite quickly and then an quick inspection of the balcony was done. I can't figure out what would have started the fire as no one was in the building at the time, unless it was a "sunlight through a dew-drop scenario."

Now for the shallow queeny bit:
None of them, as far as I could see, were fit firemen! Though it is difficult to tell with the bulky jackets and helmets on (I much prefer the old blue uniform rather than the brown ones currently used). Oh well. Here's some that are hunky just for to wake me up properly:

No comments: