Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 29 July 2007

Mike Reid

I just want to pay tribute to the great English comedian and actor Mike Reid who died earlier today from a suspected heart attack age 67. At the risk of showing my age, I remember him from my childhood mainly for hosting the childrens television quiz show Runaround and from his stints on the Comedians. He is probably most remembered for his run as lovable rogue Frank Butcher on Eastenders.
After a bit of research tonight I found out a few things I never knew before too:
He appeared in Dr Who (back in 1966) in a story called "The War Machines"

Wikipedia also states that he has provided the voice of Brock for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, that he appeared as Wullf Yularan in the original Star Wars and as Wullf Yularan Sr in Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, and as Bail Organa in Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back, and as a cleaner in Battlestar Galactica, though I can't confirm any of these! [If anyone can confirm these "facts", with verification, I would be very grateful]

Rest In Peace Mike and mind how you g-g-g-go!

No comments: