Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 23 July 2007

Clapham Junction

I got home from the barbecue yesterday, and was intending to go straight to bed. I then realised that there was a drama on Channel 4 that I wanted to watch, Clapham Junction. Part of Channel 4's season to mark the 40th anniversary of the legalisation of homosexuality.
The drama was good, though it started slowly, and was about several characters, some of whom were gay, and the whole thing gradually wound their lives together. It was very well written and acted with quite a few well known faces (and cocks!).
Notably were, Paul Nicholls (best known for being Mad Joe in Eastenders) was very good, acting with a London accent and looking a quite buff, and he actually got his cock out too!
Joseph Mawle, not a name I knew, was in it too as one of the few very attractive guys in it, with a nice body.
Rupert Graves was one of the main characters. I've had a "soft" spot for him ever since I saw him as Alec Scudder in Maurice on Channel 4 years ago, the first gay-themed film I ever saw and a fantastic one at that.
Also starring was James Wilby, who had played Rupert's lover in Maurice, which I thought was a great touch especially with their scene in the public toilet!
There was also a very handsome young guy playing a waitor, whose name I can't find anywhere, but he was very good.
Samantha Bond was also in the program, I've always liked her too.
All in all, it was a very thought provoking and well acted drama that I would definately watch again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just watched this.

Really wasn't convinced with the first half, just didn't seem to be going anywhere but it all came togther at the end and all in all found it pretty enjoyable.

Who couldn't have a soft spot for Rupert Graves as Scudder, sent my teen heart a beating back in 1987. He may have aged a bit since then but still cute for a 44 y/o. Loved his PS 'nice cock' punchline.

Joseph Mawle was fantastic, and SO hot. The scenes between him and Theo were what saved this otherwise meandering drama. Incidentally Theo's real life twin brother is currently playing the troubled transvestite teen in C4's excellent drama Cape Wrath.

Alfie the cute waiter was played by
David Leon, a relative newcommer but one I'm sure we'll see more of.

Alex said...

Cheers for the info, David Leon is certainly one to look out for as I thought his performance was very good, and he was also so cute.
It's strange how certain words set off memories, but when I hear the name Scudder (which is more frequent than you would think!) I think of the scene in the hotel where you get to see him naked getting out of the bed!
I love the fact that I nearly always forget the film has Hugh Grant in it too! Ha Ha (whatever happened to him?)