Who's On-Line Now?

Thursday 26 July 2007

Early to rise?

After 5 1/2 years of shift work, I am now used to getting up at 05:30 on a day shift (it used to be earlier, when I lived in Hendon), but I am really not looking forward to getting up at 04:30 tomorrow and travelling to Three Bridges for a business breakfast tomorrow morning.
After the breakfast, which I am not looking forward to as I am not very good at schmoozing and I find it hard to pretend if I don't like someone. I am also quite shy with new people, not good in a businessman really, but I'll give it a go. Hopefully, I will surprise myself.
After the breakfast we are going back to the office, hoping that the second Metro advert will have more impact than the first.
I will be leaving in the early afternoon so I can go to the printers and collect the brochures we've had printed for our Gap Year Service. We can then begin to get these out to potential clients.
It is also comics day tomorrow, so I hope to have time to collect these too.
I may go out for drinks tomorrow night, but I may just stay in and save my money for Sunday (Soho Pride). If I'm not too hungover on Monday I will be going back to the office, otherwise it will be Tuesday before I get back there.
I would have been at the office on Wednesday too, if work hadn't sprung a training day on me. Then I will be back for 4 night shifts, during which I will also be on call for Worldsafe during the day, as Bob and Angela have decided to go to France for just over a week. I wish they had told me a month ago, so I could have booked the time off. I am going to be knackered. I HOPE I am going to be knackered, otherwise it means that we are getting no calls still!

No comments: