Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 17 July 2007

Donor Organs

Another story I have seen on Sky News is something I feel VERY strongly about.
Organ donation.
The current UK Chief Medical Officer Sir Liam Donaldson has suggested that rules be changed so that instead of a person having to carry a donor card and have permission from family to have their organs donated should they die, that we in the UK should have an opt-out system. If you DO NOT want to donate organs then you have to make the effort to opt-out of donation.
This could severely reduce the list of people on the organ donation waiting list. It is something I have thought would be a VERY good idea for a long time now, but I doubt it will ever come to fruition due to people like the Human Rights idiots etc. Fingers crossed on this, I think it makes sense.

No comments: