Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 27 May 2008

Supervisor Robins

I was covering the site supervisor position today, as Dan is off for a couple of days (I'll be doing it tomorrow) and nothing happened to stretch my skills. Boring! I suppose I should be grateful that I am on a higher wage for a couple of days (though I have yet to remember to ask what that rate is!). I am also being considered for a permanent supervisory position after the switch to the new company, so if this is all that is involved (though I know it will change when the building becomes occupied) then I think I may go for it. It will certainly help to make up for the loss of hours when we transfer to the new shift pattern. We will have to see what is going to happen when the new company comes in. They are bringing in our T.U.P.E. packs on Thursday so we should know a lot more then. I hope it is mainly good news! (Yeah Right!)

3 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

First of all what is TUPE???? Second I hope you get this new postion wither it be on your back, bending over a desk, chair, or even if you are on top of another person. I hope you get this job. (LOL on the sex on job part), but seriuosly I do hope you get the pay raise and higher in the new company.
Hugs the Little Hamster
Ray

Alex said...

T.U.P.E stands for Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006
It basically means that the new employer has to take you on under the terms of your existing contract. Sounds good, but then they can change anything they want after a month (I think) as long as working practices dictate the changes are necessary. So basically, they can change our contract after a certain amount of time to whatever they want to!!
Not ideal, but better than nothing. At least, whatever happens, I will still have a job and money coming in (even if I have to work lots of overtime on inconvenient days!)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TUPE

gab said...

nice one supe!