Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 16 May 2008

Glasses!

Not much to report lately, which is why I've been so quiet. I am working nights as of last night and so during the day I just sleep, eat and get ready for work!
Last night I decided to pay heed to the optician and took my contact lenses out while I was at work and wear my glasses (to give my eyes a rest). I found it very uncomfortable wearing glasses in public and walking around is wierd because, outside of home, I am not used to wearing them.
I hate the border of blurriness you get around the side of glasses and the fact that you have to clean them every ten minutes to get the dust and marks off of them.
I hate the way that, however tight the arms are, glasses always seem to slide down your nose and that the skin around the arch of your nose get very greasy when you wear them.
I hate that it when you are out in the rain and you cannot see through the glasses because they are blurred with the rain and when it is cold and you go into a warm room they mist up.
I also hate the reflections you get on the inside of the glasses from things behind you.
But most of all, and yes I guess it is vanity, but I hate how I look in glasses. When I began to wear contacts I gained so much more self confidence and now is a time when I really need as much of that as I can get, and I'm being told to "hide behind" my glasses again.
I HATE WEARING GLASSES!!

No comments: