Who's On-Line Now?

Thursday 22 May 2008

Can Anyone Say TUPE?

The building manager at work has finally had enough and sacked my employers from the contract. In one months time, another company will take over and I and my colleagues will have the opprtunity to TUPE over to the new security company. Not a hard decision to make, the only reason I came back after briefly quitting earlier this year was to come back to THIS site, not the company who had the contract.
The new company intend to swap us from our current shift pattern (7-on, 3-off, 7-on, 4-off) to 4-on, 4-off, which works out less hours per month, but will require a fourth shift and so there will be more holidays to cover on overtime, so, hopefully we should be able to make up the lost hours. I would also hope that a small pay rise would be on the cards too, though, to make up slightly for any shortfall.
Apparently, the new company provide a full uniform, inculding 2 jackets (we only get one at the moment) and even provide work shoes. I've been told they also give us dry cleaning tokens which will probably be "sold" to us as equivalent to a pay rise, but it all helps.
I don't know anyone who works for this new company, or has done in the past, so I don't know if they have a good or bad reputation, but, in my experience most security companies seem to be as bad as each other!
We are lucky, on the site I work at, as the building manager looks out for the guard force (well, the competant ones anyway), so whatever the new company is like we should all be okay, fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

I wish you luck on the new owners.

Many hugs of lucks and wishes.
Ray

Alex said...

Thanks we shall see what happens!