Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 5 March 2008

Should I Go?

I only realised this morning, well last night in bed actually, that I hadn't responded to the letter asking me to go for an interview on Thursday (tomorrow now) for a security job at a major financial institution. I was going to call them and let them know I wasn't interested, but now, as it is so close, I think I will go just to see what they are offering. I don't want the job, at least I don't think I do as it involves a lot of sitting / standing outside in the cold (from what I can see when I've walked past) but I'll see what progression they are offering and make up my mind then.
I probably wouldn't even get offered the job, especially if I am honest about quitting my last job after such a short space of time. And most places don't want me anyway after my previous sacking! But, what else am I going to do tomorrow?
If I don't take (or get) the job I guess I am going to have to go back to the empty building and swallow my pride by asking for my job back! It is less money than the job I walked out of, but at least I have the chance to do other things on night shifts and weekends, such as studying. I hope to do a writing course very soon (as soon as I can save up the £349 that is!), to help me on my way to get a better type of job.
The interview tomorrow is at 11:00.

No comments: