Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 7 March 2008

Bad New / Good News (sort of)

Okay the bad news first. I checked my bank account thid morning as I was due my last payment from the job I quit nearly 3 weeks ago (not the one I walked out of) and it looked like it was a bit short (like nearly £300 short). I guessed that they had not payed me for the holiday that I accrued while I was there. So, it sort of made my mind up that I had to phone my old supervisor to sort this out, I may as well ask for my job back while I was on the phone with him.
He gave me a number to phone to sort the wages out, though when I phoned they said they couldn't do anything until I could confirm what it said on the wage slip! My supervisor was delighted when I asked for my old job back though and, when I went to fill out all the application forms I was informed that the building manager had been asking for more guards like me!
I have just returned from collecting my uniform (they still had the uniform that I'd returned so I am fully equipped) and I start on Monday. That's the "sort of" good news. I don't really want to go back, but it is the lesser of two evils and I am desperate for money, especially until they sort my wages out.
When I got back in my pay slip had finally arrived (we don't get our post until mid afternoon here) and so upon checking my suspisions were confirmed. I have left a message confirming this with the person who said he could sort it and I hope that they will get back to me and confirm that I can have a cheque or a payment direct to my account early next week as I have a big payment due out on the 17th and I have no guarantee what, if anything, my last employer will pay me for the three (and a bit) days I worked, which is due on the 14th.
I really wish I didn't have to go back, but "needs must" as they say!

3 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

I know this is not what you realy wanted. But congrats on gettign a job. Also I am sorry that you are short $300.00 in your account. Whill they give you for the extra withdrawl, since it is their fault??? I am also glad that your ol boss told you that the otehr companies want more Men like you, that was an ego boust I bet. It would have been for me. Either way congrats to you. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
RAy

Alex said...

I hope my weekend is going to be good. I am watching the Rugby Six Nations tomorrow, England v Scotland and I hope that there will be a certain someone in the pub to watch it with (the guy from last time!). Wish me luck!

Ray's Cowboy said...

Good Luck. Hope you have the best time of your life.

Big Hug
Ray