Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Worried About The Boy

I watched Worried About The Boy earlier, via iPlayer, a drama based on Boy George's life just prior to Culture Club becoming a worldwide phenomenon. I thought it was really interesting , and was well performed by all the cast but especially by newcomer Douglas Booth who played George. A name to watch for the future maybe. I loved hearing all the music of the era, very distinctive, the type of music which defines a specific time in history, as well as "fashion" that does the same.
The only thing that did disappoint me about the story was that it only covered a very short space of time in George's life and made him look like a complete victim of prejudice, with only a couple of flaws (such as only hinting at his huge drug problem). But it was well worth watching. I recommend it.
I loved the scene in Malcolm McLaren's house, when he was basically interviewing George. A brick comes crashing through the window, McLaren doesn't even flinch and just comments: "I'm having a new house delivered. They're sending it one bit at a time!" before adding the brick to a large pile. Love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that I loved the movie. But I don't think it showed him as a victim without flaws. It definitely showed his bitchy and more aggressive side along with his nice side. I heard Boy George didn't like the movie, probably because it was actually quite realistic and did not make him seem perfect at all.