Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 24 May 2010

Whereforeart Thou Sleep?

I am on my first day off of four having finished my night shift at 07:00 this morning. I got to sleep immediately my head hit the pillow this morning. Good job really as I was woken just over 2 hours later by drilling in the flat upstairs. AGAIN!
I kept trying to get back to sleep when I thought that the drilling had stopped and each time, just as I was dropping off to sleep, the drilling would start again. About an hour ago I gave up trying when a second drill started going at the same time. I am going to be so knackered later.

I want to go to the gym today, but there are several factors that are putting me off:
  1. My neck is still hurting a little bit, which is worrying as it started hurting 5 days ago, it should be better by now, but each morning when I wake it is worse than when I went to sleep. Must be how I am sleeping.
  2. It is a really lovely morning outside, too hot to exercise in my opinion, especially as the gym never seems to have any air conditioning on and gets too warm for me at the best of times.
  3. Embarrassingly, I have been thinking all weekend about Nick, who works at the gym. Despite me constantly saying that he is far too young for me, I really like the guy. I don't think we have anything in common (from the little that I do know about the guy). I think it is that, outside of work and home, he is the only person I have had a conversation with in probably 2-3 weeks. How ridiculous is that?
  4. I am also embarrassed that I won't be able to remember what I am meant to be doing on each of the new exercises he drew up for me last week.

I will end up going to the gym, as I am liking the way my body is looking (and feeling) now. I just hope that the experience isn't too awful. Let's hope that I don't fall asleep on the treadmill!

No comments: