Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 2 May 2010

My Weakness

I am having a crisis of confidence at the moment. And probably not the kind that you would have guessed?
It has been over a year since I gave up buying comics, which has helped me save a hell of a lot of money and get myself out of debt almost entirely. I am now only going into my overdraft for one week out of the month instead of virtually all of the month.
I have still been collecting one type of comic, which come out about once every three-four months, these are handbooks, which have fact-file type entries on various characters just to keep my comic book information relatively up-to-date.
I made the mistake this week though of taking a look inside a couple of issues of the various Avengers comics. The Avengers have always been my favourite characters and comics, being the first comic that I ever bought myself (Avengers Vol1 #214), and I love most of the 100+ characters who have been members of the various Avengers teams over the years. I am so tempted now to start purchasing comics again, just to follow the stories of the Avengers, though I am worried that I could get sucked into old habits of spending up to £40 a week, especially considering the amount of Avengers comics out there at the moment: Avengers, The Mighty Avengers, The New Avengers, Avengers Academy, Avengers: The Children's Crusade, Secret Avengers, Avengers: Prime, and Avengers Spotlight, not to mention the inevitable cross-overs. I guess it was kind of inevitable that Marvel would increase their Avengers titles with the upcoming Cap, Thor and eventually Avengers films.
I really don't know what to do.

4 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

It is ok once in a while to endulge. but going into dept with over dafts? You sure. wait to next pay check and get one. Be good to yourself once in a while.
Hugs
Ray

Alex said...

I'm going to try not to get back into buying comics I think (it's a slippery slope), but it is difficult when I have nothing (no one) else in my life at the moment! They filled the gap for me for so many years, living vicariously in a fantasy world etc etc.
Sad eh?

MadeInScotland said...

give up beer; buy the comics

ahoj

badabing said...

Don't do it poppet ! Resist !