Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 12 May 2010

The End?

I am seriously thinking of giving up on the blog. I have hardly posted anything, except the LGBT births/deaths etc, for the last few weeks and I find that I really don't have the energy or inclination to research / write anything more in depth than my usual moans, groans and whines!
There is nothing going on in my private life to report on and you really don't want to just hear from me when I am moaning so I think I will give it a rest for a while and hope that something major changes in my life soon to resurge my interest (in writing and in life in general!).
I am going to keep posting the LGBT stuff until the end of the month (that way I will have done it for a whole year, and despite adding several hundred new names to my database, I think that is probably enough).

In case I don't come back I would like to send my thanks to everyone for reading and, to those few friends I have made through Hamster's Wheel, I will keep in touch, thanks for being there.

3 comments:

gab said...

if thats wot u want but dont lose touch xxxxx

raulito said...

Please don't...some of us enjoy it...try to continue even if you don't post as frequently as before...but I am sure you will find more than enough to say and post after a couple of days of rest...you know how writers sometimes get writer's block? that may be happening to you.
saludos,
raulito

Teezy said...

Hey Alex-

I have been reading your blog for quite some time and I have to apologize for never commenting. It is not that I haven't enjoyed the read, it is primarily because I never felt I had anything relevant to say.

Honestly, I am not personally interested in the database, although I am impressed with your research and think that the project is commendable (and I have learned a thing or two about LGBT contributions to society).

The reason that I read and follow blogs like yours is to see what life is like for regular people in other parts of the world. I have relied on your blog for a glimpse of "daily life in London" for quite some time and I want to say thank you. It's funny, the things that you think are trivial and boring are the details that I actually find interesting.

For personal reasons I have stopped posting on my blog for the last month. It was a nice break but I am ready to get back to it and I know that I will begin posting again soon.

Selfishly, I hope that all you need is a break too, and I will check back periodically to see if you have resumed posting.

If you do decide to quit the blog entirely, I wish you luck in all your future endeavors and I want you to know that I have enjoyed getting to know a little about you and your life across the pond.

There you go—from never a comment to a full essay—when it rains it pours with me.

With best wishes from your cyberfriend in Santa Fe,

Teezy