Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 9 May 2010

The Curse of Night Shifts

The main reason why I hate working night shifts is because it takes so long for my body to readjust to normal waking hours. This process usually takes all of my four days off.
I got to sleep, after coming home from my last night shift, at about 07:30 yesterday morning. I woke at 14:30 (thus having lost half of my first day off). Last night I fell asleep on my bed at 21:30 and woke at 22:30 still feeling really tired, so I went to sleep properly in the hope that I could get back to a daytime routine quicker. Unfortunately I woke again at 01:30 and didn't manage to get back to sleep until at least 3 hours later. I have just woken up again and so have once more lost half of a day off. It is incredibly frustrating.
Not that it really matters though, it's not as if I actually have anything to do on my time off!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhhhh, wake up at 11am. Then come 9pm/10pm your tired again and get back into a routine!

Anonymous said...

I know just how you feel...I spent 6 years working the night shift..from 6 to 6 am. four days a week. I was just about burnt out by the time my company closed my department. I welcomed it and you know what? to this day I have not for once miss working...I hated it so much.
Instead, what I did get out of it was a horrible sleep disorder.
I used to sleep 8-9 hours per night but now I wake up 3 or 4 times and can't go back to sleep..so I blog...lol
saludos,
raulito