Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 3 December 2006

Omega Flight

I have just checked out Marvel.com and there is an interview with Andy Schmidt and he reveales some details about the upcoming "Omega Flight" series. Now, I loved the original Alpha Flight series, and have been unimpressed with the subsequent series', so I am a bit wary of this new series, especially seeing who is going to be in the team:
From what I can make out we have US Agent (not a fave of mine), Arachne (the former Spider-Woman, on the run from the US government), what looks like Storm (but could be Snowbird), Beta Ray Bill (great character, shit name), oh and a Canadian, fancy that (Guardian, if he is using that name still).
Pictures, leaked in the interview also show Sasquatch, who I feel is the heart of Alpha Flight, and so should be a central part of the team, or at least of ALPHA Flight WHEN they return!
I am a bit disappointed to see that the villains initially will be the Wrecking Crew, and I know the reason is that they are on the run from the Superhuman Registration in the US, but I hope that some Canadian villains will appear at some point (Calibre, the Chess Set, Pestilence, Great Beasts). But who knows?
I am going to put myself out there and say it has got to be a must-read book, when it eventually comes out.

No comments: