Who's On-Line Now?

Thursday 21 December 2006

My mate astounds me

I've thought long and hard about posting my thoughts on this subject, which is fairly personal, but have decided that I have to get things off my chest, I am so mad at the moment.

My mate Lee, who I've mentioned several times, is coming over tonight for my works Christmas party to celebrate his birthday and meet his old work colleagues (those who are still there anyway). He was meant to be staying at my place, but has informed me that he will be staying at his ex-boyfirends tonight. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but this ex recently stitched up Lee badly by telling Lee's dad that he regularly goes to cruising areas, thus potentially getting the family business a bad reputation. The reason that this ex did it? Because Lee was out for drinks with a different guy!

This ex has some serious mental health issues, in my opinion. When they were together, whenever I would meet up with Lee (my best mate and closest confidant at the time) the ex would always phone up and start an argument with Lee to ruin our drinks or meal or whatever we were doing. Apparently, he did this mainly with me, but also sometimes with others.

Now, to mess Lee's evening up with this other guy, he does the one thing that he knows will get Lee in trouble, tells Lee's dad something he doesn't want to hear! Lee was summoned to see his father immediately and had a very unpleasant chat with him. The ex had long threatened Lee that he was going to tell his dad that Lee is a coke addict, which is untrue, but he said he would say that because Lee's dad is VERY anti-drugs (and rightly so in my opinion!).

On top of this Lee has suffered verbal and physical abuse from this ex and the ex has also worn away his self-confidence to almost nothing over the space of just over 2 years!

Despite all this he has been treated to holidays, brought expensive jewelry (which he accused Lee's dad of trying to buy him!) and many other benefits from Lee's dad and step-mum, including the chance of a very highly-paid job in the family business. He is seriously fucked-up (excuse the language).

Lee told me last week that he wanted nothing more to do with this ex, but has gone back on his word in less than a week. Over the last 2 and a half years I have lost my best friend, someone who I spent a great deal of time with and who was an emotional rock for me, as I was to him I believe. We have been through so many good and bad times and I will always be his friend, but we just do not have that tight bond that we used to. We have gone from seeing each other several times a week to seeing each other about 6 times a year! All because of this twat with mental health issues.

I thought that I was getting the best Christmas present ever by getting my best friend back, but it looks like I was a bit premature with that hope. I guess I will have to hope for someone to share Christmas Eve night with instead as my Christmas pressie!
Thanks to "Beauty and the Bum" for the picture.

No comments: