Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 31 December 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Just wanted to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR as I do a quick review of my year. I hope that you all have a fantastic night.

This year has been a fairly uneventful one for me but lets think....

I began the year bored and so, once I discovered blogs I decided to start my own. I didn't think that anyone would be interested in what I had to say, or post but I have had over 6000 readers so far and that is just since I added the counter (which was after about 2 months).
We had a fairly good summer with great, sunny days for London & Soho Prides, but I didn't bother with Brighton Pride this year.
England have done their usual top-rate job in the international sporting world, World Cup, Olympics and the Ashes!! Yes that was me being sarcastic!!
Terror continues to top the news headlines, but at least one tyrant has now gone for good. Bye Bye Saddam!
I finally decided that I actually liked my job (most of the time) for the first time ever, and then they go and decide to disband the team! Hopefully next year will see me joining the new team that is replacing us!
And I have seen even less of my former best mate Lee as he continued to put up with and forgive increasingly inexcusable acts of bitchiness, selfishness and sometimes pure evil from his ex.
But I was happy to have my mate Tim here in London and Dean in Australia to rely on and to chat to.

I don't lead a very exciting life, but I hope to change that in the new year:
  • Firstly, I am going to attempt to pay off the remainder of my debts in the coming year.
  • Hopefully I will get to take my first holiday abroad for 12 years!
  • I would love to find someone special this year (who knows, miracles can happen).
  • As well as this I would love to make more GOOD, close friends as I have only a few and most of those do not live near me.
  • As I said before, hopefully I will get to join the new team at work (meaning busier days, more responsibility, and more money. This will also mean a very good chance of being taken in-house by the bank and getting extra benefits of pensions, medical, gym membership and bigger bonuses.
  • Try and get the motivation to get back to the gym, or at least exercise again.
  • Hopefully early in January, I want to move to a new home (probably a flat rather than a flat-share and inevitably resulting in higher bills, but it has to be done!).
  • But, most importantly, just be happy as much as I can. Something which I have managed for most of this year for the first time in quite a while. Not easy when you suffer from depression, but with the right medication and friends it can be achieved. (Maybe I should blog how I manage my depression in the new year some time?)

Anyway, have a great night tonight. I am staying in, as I have work in the morning and I don't like working when I'm tired and have a hangover.

Goodbye 2006 and welcome 2007

No comments: