Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 31 March 2009

Job Hunting, A New Approach.....

I just thought that I would renew my request for help in finding a new job:

As long-time readers will be aware, I do not know exactly what I want to do, but I have a good idea of what I don't want:
  • I don't want to work night shifts any more;
  • I also do not want to work 12 hours every day, I don't mind it occasionally, but every day is too much;
  • I don't mind working weekends, in fact I probably prefer it at the moment, as long as I get at least 2 days off most weeks;
  • I don't want to work with food, or in a bar;
  • Nor do I want to work in telesales or in recruitment.
  • I would ideally like to do something that will stimulate my mind, something that is rewarding and enable me to use my creative impulses;
  • I would also really like something that enabled me to gain qualifications while working, either on the job or giving me enough time off to begin studying;
  • I don't mind working alone or within a team;
  • I am looking for a permanent position ideally, but a long-term contract would be acceptable and a short-term contract would be considered depending on the nature of the opportunity.
  • I am currently living in Barbican, London and would prefer to work within 30 minutes travel each way from home. If the right job comes along though I would consider travelling further. I am also considering moving back to Torquay, Devon though an on-site trial here would be difficult and costly for me;
What I am looking for with this particular request is an opportunity to prove myself. Given the right position I would be willing to work for free for a day to prove I am capable of doing the job. I currently work 4-on / 4-off and so am available at some point every week for these trials.

I am criminal record clear and can provide personal and professional references if required. A C.V. is available upon request and I would also be willing to provide examples of my written work, or to write a report or article on the subject of your choice if you would prefer.

If you are interested in giving me a trial then all you have to do is send me an email at alex.robins@hotmail.co.uk with full details of the position you have a vacancy for, including the wage, and I will contact you back to tell you if I am interested.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ive just found your blog....fanbloodytastic

Alex said...

Cheers Anon, not much happening on it lately but glad you like it.