Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 22 March 2009

Great Day

Just to break the monotony of my whinging and moaning, thought I would take the time to tell you about my great day yesterday.
While I was out on Thursday, having a pint in Comptons, I noticed a sign saying that the matches for the Six Nations rugby were being shown in the upstairs bar. I hadn't realised this, but decided there and then that I would go there for the England match on Saturday (yesterday) as I was off work.
Yesterday morning I was in two minds whether to go or not as I wasn't sure how busy it would be and I knew I wouldn't want to leave town early, but would have to as I am working today. I decided that I had nothing to lose by going and I am glad that I did.
I had a quick sandwich in Soho Square before going to Comptons. The bar downstairs was ominously quiet, there were a few people there but no noise coming from the upstairs bar, which I thought that there would be considering that one of the matches was already being played.
I bought my pint and made my way up the stairs. There were a few people already there and I managed to get a fairly good position to see the match and to keep an eye on a rather fit-looking guy who took my fancy.
By the time the match started the atmosphere was great, the sound had been turned right up and I had already chatted to a guy I see about in town quite a lot (though can never remember his name). During the first half I also got talking to this fit guy, who turned out to be straight, but with a gay mate, and allegedly plays for Gloucester, though I could not see him listed on the First XV Squad list on Gloucester Rugby's site today. He was a really nice guy though. We chatted with a few other guys during the exciting match, yes, it was exciting which makes a change for English rugby lately. We won eventually, but it could have gone either way. I really enjoyed myself and decided to stay for the Ireland v Wales match which followed immediately afterwards. I gave up on this match halfway through the first half as I was bored. I had nothing invested in this match and so didn't really care who won or lost.

I went on to Rupert Street for a drink. I saw Tim having a drink outside with a friend, and was debating whether to join him or to let him have a night off from me, when they disappeared anyway.
I got chatting to a guy who came into the bar though and he seemed really nice. I was a bit wary of him though as he didn't actually buy a drink when he came in or the whole time we were talking, which was strange. And he insisted on giving me a hug after we'd been chatting for about 20 minutes, as I "seemed so nice". I found this a bit strange too, but am always up for a hug from a nice looking guy, especially when they are also nicely built as he was. I don't get enough hugs. He said he was a part-time tennis coach (and also told me what his full-time occupation was but I forgot what that was) and we swapped numbers before I left at around 20:00 while agreeing to meet when I am off next week.
I could have stayed longer, but having to go to work the next day I wanted to get an early night. As I left I also saw Alfredo and he told me to give him a ring when I'm free to go out for drinks. I explained that I had lost my phone and thus his number and so we exchanged numbers again. I was really happy to be in touch with him again as I used to really enjoy his company when we went out.
I was really reluctant to leave by this point and hating the fact that I am so reliable. Most other people would have stayed out drinking and having fun and either suffered the hangover in the morning or called in sick. Me, no, I am far too reliable for that, not that I get anything for it. Oh well.

So, all in all, a really fantastic day which I was certainly overdue for. I got chatting to 7 guys that I really fancy, got the numbers of 2 of them and quick snog too. More of the same please.

No comments: