Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 6 March 2009

It's Back

My headache and upped stress levels are back!
Why?
Because my manager is back and as obnoxiously annoying as usual. He made good on his promise to come in early and was actually in before me (I guarantee that won't happen again this month!). One of the first things he made me aware of was the fact that he has now changed the password on his computer so that I no longer have access and then proceeded to make me aware of the one mistake I made on "his" database!
His music was back on full blast and he got his hammer out of the drawer I had placed it in and put it back on his desk. Not for any purpose. Just as one of his intimidation tools (along with the cricket bat). All day he has been shouting, swearing and slagging people off, mainly the people who have been keeping this place going while he was on suspension for failing to get into the receptionist's knickers!! He really did my head in.
He also made a point of telling me personally to get the relevant post and deliver it around to our contractors entrance, and to deliver some forms to reception. Both are jobs that I don't mind doing, but when I have offered to do the post before he has aggressively told me that "They can f*****g come and collect it themselves." I'm sure that it was a way of him putting me in my place. And I told him so.
Then, I almost laughed in his face when, at just before 17:00 he asked if I wanted to leave early to join him and the building manager at the pub. I don't think so. Even then, after I had said a firm "No" he got the building manager to ask me again. Twice! Why do people never take "No" for an answer, especially when it comes to drinking?
He has also just phoned from the pub to tell me a couple of things for tomorrow and also ask me why I was in a foul mood. "Is it because I'm back?" he asked and I truthfully told him that was only part of it (the other part being the fact that I hate this job anyway!). He did apologise, to which I replied, "You can't help being you!" Which shut him up!
A few seconds later the building manager phoned and asked if I was in a foul mood because of something that he had done. I reassured him that it wasn't (although indirectly it was because he had let this inept manager come back!).
I hope that the next three days go really quickly as I intend to really enjoy my days off following that.

No comments: