Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 9 March 2009

Light At The End Of The Tunnel

I am in the last 30 minutes of the last shift before I get the 4 days off that I truly deserve. Today, luckily, has been a lot less stressed than Friday was as the recently reinstated manager had calmed down a bit, but it still felt like a long day.
Tomorrow is pay day too, which means that I will be able to do a lot of things that I couldn't do over the last few days, especially as I will not be working. What I can do exactly depends on whether my employers pay me exactly what they should pay me this time. I know what I should take home, roughly, but I have a feeling that they may mess it all up again, as they did last month. I'm hoping that, if there is enough in may pay packet, I will be able to get a new laptop and thus be able to get back to regular blogging again. I have missed doing it and I feel like I've lost touch with those of you who read this regularly, all three of you!!

The new regional manager visited site today, the first time that I'd met him, although I did talk to him last week briefly a couple of times. He seems like a complete dick! I had asked him about my missing holiday, approximately 6 days and he had sent out a letter basically saying: "Yes you should have accrued holiday during this period, but it's too late to use it now, so tough!" He pointed out today that I had I could appeal against this. I had to bite my tongue, as I was getting wound up and wanted to say; "There's no point appealing as no one has replied to the last complaint that I made 2 weeks ago!"
My building manager has said that he will try and get me at least some of this time back, out of his budget, so it's not a total loss.

I can't wait until tomorrow! Hopefully I won't be too stressed when I see how much (or little) I have been paid! Keep your fingers crossed for me please. Cheers.

1 comment:

Ray's Cowboy said...

save your money maybe you can find a new place or replae all of the stuff that is broken. Hopefully yo uwill not have any problems with your check as you have had in the past.
Hugs
Ray