Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 4 March 2009

Is He Really Necessary?

Today, I am still covering for the formerly suspended manager. All I have had to do all day is complete the actual manning for yesterday and print off one email to take to our reception (because her email wasn't working). Other than that I may as well not have been here. I have tried to occupy my time by perusing Facebook, Wikipedia, BBC News, my email and the work email (of which there was only the aforementioned one).
I am slightly annoyed that head office haven't even bothered to phone or email to check that everything is okay on site, considering they had taken the manager off site and there is an untrained person (me) dunning things. I would love to be able to say that it is because they trust me, but I can't as they don't know me as we hardly ever get visits on this site and when we do the visitors never speak to the actual guards! They just do not care, which is evident from the way that my pay situation and subsequent complaint have been dealt with (or not as the case may be!).

I am so bored. I really can't see that this position (security site manager) is needed AS WELL AS the supervisor's position. They should save some money and merge the two positions. Oh well, only one more shift as "acting" manager after today and then we have our "beloved" manager back which everyone is looking forward to immensely!

I HAVE managed to potentially employ a former work colleague for the supervisor vacancy we have at this site, though I feel guilty about persuading anyone I know to work here as I hate it here so much myself, but if someone needs a job all I can do is tell them the truth and let them decide.

I have just under 2 hours until I can go home and have run out of ideas for things to do.
Any ideas?

No comments: