Who's On-Line Now?

Saturday 5 May 2007

I'm so bored

OK! So I'm sat at home yet again with nothing to do. I really want to get out tonight and have a couple (yeah right!) of drinks and enjoy the view of hunky men (in London?) queuing to talk to me (and...awake!). I'm going stir-crazy stuck at home with nothing to do, but just can't think of anything that isn't gonna cost a fortune!
So all I have to look forward to tonight is Dr Who and Any Dream Will Do. I just hope that Dr Who is better than the last two weeks as the Daleks Take Manhattan was pretty poor, comparatively.
Watched Donnie Darko again last night and, because it was the second time I could appreciate the story a bit more. And the cinematography was just amazing with the angles, the speeding up and slowing down of the film and the mixing of images was just beautiful. I don't know if the story would work as a book, (showing my ignorance here, was it a book originally?) but if it is a book then it should be read in schools because the story just opens so many debates about the world, psychology, physics, philosophy, and ethics. Who were the Drew Barrymore and Noah Wyle characters really? Where were they from? They had a knowing look about them as if they were from "elsewhere!" Love it. And the 80's music is fantastic too. Oh, and lest I forget, Jake's performance is amazing, (why did the psychiatrist have to clap her hands just when he unbuttoned and reached down his trousers?).
Back to work on Monday, at least it is a Bank Holiday to ease me back in gently!

No comments: