Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 5 January 2007

A wish came true

Re: The Real Captain Jack post.

My best blog-buddy Minge has come up trumps and found this chat room discussing said episode and there are some excellent screen caps from the show on there. Check it out. I hope no one minds me "steeling" these pics but they need to be shared.
One thing I meant to say before, was that this sort of story should be told more often and in greater detail [and should be told in schools alongside true stories of Jewish, Muslim and all other oppression]. We need to hear true stories of how men had to deal with their feelings during times when being gay wasn't accepted or even legal. I think it was portrayed beautifully in this episode of Torchwood and would love to see it handled as well in other series', dealing with this and other eras.

3 comments:

Old Cheeser said...

Great pics and I think I will nick them myself if you don't mind!!

I too thought that "Captain Jack Harkness" was one of the better episodes and great that they had a (fairly)explicit gay plot line. The tension and the build up between the two Jacks was well done. I agree that programmes like this can help teach people about being gay. Certainly back in the 1940s it was a lot more taboo, hence the way it was handled in the episode.

Minge said...

Some of the episodes, if not most of the, were utter shit. Sadly.

Old Cheeser said...

It's true, there were only a handful of decent ones. However the presence of the hot Captain Jack and Ianto did go some way toward compensating for this.